December 10, 2011

Personality

A month or so ago, my friend was acting depressed. So he went on the internet and did a Personality Disorder Test online. He sent the link to me and I did the test as well. They asked a bunch of yes or no questions, and then showed how high of a chance you had of having a certain disorder. Since this is the internet and not an actual trained person doing the test, I don't think its that accurate. Its also based off self judgement mostly, so that doesn't help either. You are the worst person possible for judging yourself accurately. Something you think is blindingly obvious might not be noticeable to other people. Or vice versa, you may not know something about yourself that is glaringly obvious to everyone else. I mostly use it to see what kind of mood I'm in.

The results of the test are ten disorders and how much of a chance you have of being diagnosed with it.
The disorders are: Paranoid, Schizoid, Schizotypal, Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic, Narcissistic, Avoidant, Dependent, Obsessive-Compulsive. I don't remember my results from the first time I took it exactly, but narcissistic, avoidant and dependent were all high, while I think everything else was low or moderate. I took it again later when I was feeling sad, and those three all rose to very high, and a bunch of others all moved up a spot. I took the test again today, mostly because I was bored. I was pleasantly surprised by the results.


Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Low
Schizoid: Low
Schizotypal: Moderate
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Low
Histrionic: Moderate
Narcissistic: High
Avoidant: High
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

I don't really care about any of the results that aren't high. Something that's moderate doesn't seem to be that likely. While I'm still my good ol' narcissistic and avoidant self, I'm no longer dependent. I don't think any of the moderates changed, except maybe Schizotypal. I'm just happy dependent is changed so drastically. Apparently, I'm a lot more confident now than before. I'm not really sure what's changed, but I do feel rather good about myself. I think I'll take the test again next week or something, and see if it changes at all. I do feel like the two that are high do seem to generally describe, which I suppose isn't a good thing. Oh well. I've gone from an asshole who hated taking about himself and needed other people to support him to just an asshole who hates talking about himself. Improvement!

Personality type


According to This test based on the Myers-Brigs personality test, I'm still an INTJ, just like I have been since two years ago when I first took the test. There sixteen total types in the test. Everybody gets four letters, which summarize your type. There's Introverted and extroverted, intuition and sensing, thinking or feeling and judgement or perception. INTJ means I've got introverted, intuition, thinking and judgement. According to the website, that makes me a mastermind. I think its a nice description of myself. IT fits well with the narcissism from the disorder test.

No comments:

Post a Comment