November 8, 2011

Dexter

I'm really enjoying the 6th season of Dexter. I just watched the sixth episode of this season. While the entire show has always been top notch, Season six is a real improvement so far over the weird and bad fifth season. While it’s still not as good as seasons 1, 2 and 4, I'm still enjoying it. Its back to having one central villain, instead of the whole rape and murder conspiracy thing with multiple people it had going. While the killer hasn't actually contributed much to Dexter's current story arc with Brother Sam, they're clearly building something up. I think he'll matter more in the next half of the season. I can't wait to see how the rest of the season turns out.

This season also doesn’t have Lumen to be an unlikeable replacement.  She didn’t really have anything that made her stand out, and unlike everyone else who’s ever had an important role on the show, she didn’t really have an effect on Dexter’s character. All other villains/friends in Dexter have had call-backs to their plots. So far Lumen hasn’t made a difference. She was so pointless.

I really like the way Quinn is turning out this season. It’s nice to see his slow mental breakdown as he screws his life up. He can’t do anything right this season. His life is slowly collapsing around him, and he doesn’t seem to realize. I’m betting he’ll get fired for being a complete douche and ruining some investigation. I’m surprised he hasn’t already. Considering I’ve never really liked him, I’m enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment