November 5, 2011

Pokemon

Today, I started playing Pokemon again. I played my copy of Pokemon White.  It really is a fun game. The only problem is, you just run out of things to do after you beat the Elite 4. I could level up my team to level 100, except there wouldn't really be a point to that. Who would I fight with them? The Elite 4 again? If you're playing Pokemon, you need to have friends who play it too, otherwise you'll get bored of it after a week. At least with friends you can battle each other, or trade Pokemon to complete the pokedex. battling with friends really adds value to the game, since you can actually test your skills against someone who isn't a computer. the battles get a lot more intense.

The problem in White and Black is that the Pokemon are all automatically put to level 50. So, once you get them to their top evolution and all the moves you want them to learn, there's really no point in levelling them up further. At least its balanced that way.

My favourite team to use against friends:

Emboar               Haxorus               Snorlax        
-Scald                       -Sword Dance            -Crunch  
-Sunny Day           -Earthquake                  -Curse       
-Flamethrower    -Dragon Claw             -Body Slam   
-Brick Breaker     -Dragon Dance            -Rest    


Metagross          Tyrannitar           Gigalith
-Meteor Mash      -Crunch                       -Rockslide
-Agility                    -Rockslide                   -Earthquake
-Zen Headbutt     -thunderbolt               -Stealth Rock
-Earthquake        -Earthquake                -Stone Edge
 
I'm not really sure why four of them know Earthquake. It seems redundant. I'm sure it made sense at the time I gave them those moves. The real heart of the team is Haxorus. If he gets a Sword Dance off, he can usually one shot everything with Dragon Claw. He has a really high Speed too, so no one ever gets to attack before him. He can usually take out half of their team before they find some way to counter him. I think this was the team that was capable of resisting every single type, but I don't really remember at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment